If Your Teen Has Wisdom Teeth Removed This Summer
Summer is a great time to have your teen’s wisdom teeth removed. No school excuses necessary, relaxed recovery time, and no pressure to get back to school too quickly to avoid missed lessons and assignments. Is your child having his/her wisdom teeth removed this summer? If so, they’re not alone.
Wisdom teeth are a third set of molars located in the back of the mouth. If your teen is between the ages of 17 and 25, this is the most common time for them to be spotted. If the wisdom teeth are impacted, angled wrong, or there is no space for them to come in, they need to be removed. It is estimated that 60 to 85% of all teens require wisdom tooth removal at some point.
If your teen needs their wisdom teeth removed this summer, here are some things to keep in mind.
1. Keep your schedule free. Your child will need you at home to care for him during his recovery.
2. Stock your fridge with soft foods and plenty of drinks for your child.
3. You can help manage the pain and swelling by applying ice packs to the cheeks in the area of the surgery.
4. Follow the precise post-surgery instructions given to you by our professionals at Gwinnett Family Dental Care.
5. Have your child maintain proper oral hygiene according to our doctor’s orders to prevent infection and further damage.
Contact Gwinnett Family Dental Care today for a wisdom tooth consultation. Let our team put to rest your wisdom tooth concerns, restoring your smile and relieving your teen’s pain through exceptional, state-of-the-art care.
Posted on behalf of
3455 Lawrenceville Highway
Lawrenceville, GA 30044
Phone: (770) 921-1115
Monday - Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday & Saturday: 9 AM - 4 PM