Gwinnett Family Dental Care will reopen for patient appointments again effective Monday, May 4, 2020.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your previous visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Each patient will have their temperature taken when they first arrive at the office for their appointment.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find hand sanitizer in other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting rooms will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment with fewer doctors and hygienists.
- We will ask that all patients coming to our office for appointments do not bring family members or friends into the office with them. If the patient being treated is a minor child, then one parent or guardian are welcome to accompany the child inside the building. However, the parent or guardian will not be allowed in the treatment areas.
- We will ask all patients coming to our office for appointments to call to notify us when they have arrived in the parking area at our office. Our office phone number is 770-921-1115. We will then ask all patients to wait in their cars until we contact them via phone call or text to inform them we are ready to proceed with their appointment and they are welcome to enter the building at that time. The previous two measures will better help us to maintain social distancing.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We will ask all patients to bring a mask, or other item such as a bandana or scarf, to cover their noses and mouths. Masks should be worn by patients at all times when they are in the building, except when they are actively in treatment.
- We suggest you bring your own pen for use while in our office to avoid touching pens available from our office. If this is not possible, we will gladly disinfect any pens before and after you have used them.
We will have shortened office hours for now during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will be open Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Friday and Saturday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, and closed on Wednesday. As always, we may be reached through our Emergency Answering Service outside of these office hours for patients with a dental emergency, by calling our office number, and pressing 2 to connect to the Emergency Answering Service.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 770-921-1115 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
The Doctors and Staff at Gwinnett Family Dental Care