Gone are the days when patients must wear temporary crowns or make multiple trips to the dentist for a dental restoration. By choosing a dentist that stays at the forefront of modern dentistry, you can take advantage of One-Visit Dentistry using the revolutionary CEREC technology. Gwinnett Family Dental Care is proud to offer top-ranked dental treatments for damaged or missing teeth. With our CEREC qualifications, we can improve your comfort and convenience like never before.
When teeth are decayed, infected, broken or weakened, a custom crown, bridge or onlay is often needed. Past methods required patients to endure a messy impression and wear a temporary crown or other restoration for several days before they returned to the office for their permanent crown. With CEREC, the process is streamlined for optimal patient satisfaction.
Same Day/Single Visit Dental Crowns
At Gwinnett Family Dental Center, we utilize the advanced CEREC system to custom fabricate your crown, bridge or other restoration right here in our office. We begin by taking a painless optical impression using the CAD/CAM technology. Next, the computer design software is able to create a highly precise three-dimensional image of your new restoration. The CEREC machine then carries out the manufacturing process by conveniently milling the crown right away.
Before you leave our office, we will carefully bond the crown or bridge to your teeth so that you have a seamless and durable restoration to walk away with. There’s no need for messy impressions, temporary crowns or multiple trips to our office. In a single appointment, you can take advantage of life-changing results in cosmetic and restorative dentistry.
The CEREC® Process
CEREC® uses CAD-CAM technology to design and mill custom restorations during one visit to the dentist. So how does this process work?
- Exam and Preparation
- Before you get started, your dentist will determine if CEREC® is right for you. Depending on how much healthy tooth structure you have remaining, it may be a simple filling or you may need a crown. After reviewing your options, the dentist will begin the process by administering anesthetic and preparing your tooth for restoration by removing decay and weakened tooth tissue.
- Optical Impression
- In order to make the desired restoration, a 3-dimensional image of the tooth that needs to be restored must be created from a digital camera scan of the tooth. This three-dimensional image will be used to create the restoration without the need to take a messy impression. This means no horrible tasting impression material for you to gag on. The computer and CEREC® 3D software then converts the digital image into a three-dimensional virtual model of the prepared tooth.
- Milling Unit
- This device is used to used to create the custom restoration needed for the tooth. Based on the original color of your tooth, the dentist is able to select the correct colored ceramic block and in a few minutes, the milling device is able to create the restoration needed.
- Placing the Restoration
- After the restoration is made, it is ready to be tried on to ensure that you get proper fit and bite. When it is ready, the restoration is polished and bonded into place by your dentist. Therefore, no temporary restoration is needed and no return trip is necessary, saving you time and money.
Advantages to Using CEREC®
CEREC® has revolutionized the restorative process. It was created with the patient in mind in order to make a visit to the dentist as pain-free as possible. Some of the benefits to using CEREC® are:
- Most procedures can be done in one visit – less costly and less time-consuming
- Less painful injections due to single-visit
- No need to take messy impressions
- No need to have a temporary restoration for in-between visits
- Ability to save as much natural tooth structure as possible
- Longer lasting restorations – may last over 10 years
- Restores teeth to natural beauty, function and strength
- Metal-free restorations
Ready to learn more about CEREC Same Day Crowns? Contact our office in Lawrenceville today!